VMware Cloud Community
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Break down of 5 min in vRops

Hello,

In a view, we can display values each hour/day/month/year. I want to have the values every 5 mins but unfortunately it's not available in the list. Do you have any idea how to do that ? Thank you a lot.

11 Replies
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't think there is. It is just the same as when I was trying to create a scheduled report hourly, there is no option for this either..

Feature Request!

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you think If I get to modify the appliance files I could make it? I can just add 5min by programming with the same way the day and month were built.

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Also, how much time it will take to take a feature in consideration ?

0 Kudos
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yea usually it takes forever and sometimes you might not even get considered.

Your previous response, what appliance files would you be modifying to make it to work?

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was thinking to connect to the appliance by ssh and get access to the files and look for the bread down code source.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Are you talking about the roll-up intervals under the advanced settings of a list view?

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In a list view, in Group by tab, you can add an instance of a breakdown interval: when you checkit you will have another column in your table with dates on it every Hour, day, month or year. I want to have 5 min.

0 Kudos
mark_j
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It can't do 5-min intervals (you are correct), but I'd have a bigger concern with that beyond the fact that the view can't do it (technically). I'm not sure how valuable that 5-min interval would be, and here's why - the data is only collected every 5 minutes. So essentially you'd want to be looking at individual data points, one data point per column. As you look through rows (objects), each object would be showing data points with a different time shift, as every data point is not collected at the 'same' specific timestamp, rather it depends when the collection ran against that vCenter (data source). In a since data collection, time stamps may have a 30-60-120 second range they may fall in to (depending on the collection duration). What I'm getting at is, I understand your request, however the use case may be prone to giving you data that has a time shift to it and each row will be a different 'time'. At high intervals (1hr plus) this is negligible, however if you looked at individual data points you'd see some discrepancy.

If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see what you said, but for my view list, I'm going to display data of one same object in all the raws. each column has one different metric. So I think the timestamp would not be a problem.

0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Also, the data are already collected every 5min we just need to show them? They are right there in the database there should be a way to do it!

0 Kudos
Souad90
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have found the solution. In a trend view, when export the data to an CSV file, we will have all the collected data each 5 min.