VMware Cloud Community
Joe1393
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Authentication Error

I'm not sure how long this has been going on but one of my vRealize Operations Managers is no longer syncing with AD and I cannot authenticate with my AD account.  I have an Authentication Source setup and it was working however when I tried to sign in today it told me invalid credentials.  I had to use my SSO administrator account to finally get in.  My auth source is still setup however when I try to test it I get "ERROR_NULL_RESULT_FROM_SERVER".  I have another vRrealize Operations Manager for a different cluster and it's working just fine with the same auth source.

This is my version and build.

Version 6.4.0.4635874

Build 4635874

I have tried to delete the auth source and re-create it but that doesn't work.  I have also tried pointing it at my other domain controllers but that gives the same error.

Anyone had this issue or know how to fix it? 

4 Replies
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think I have a similar issue. I have not  been able to fix mine either. However, error I am getting is incorrect user name/password. I did notice it was also unable to login for Local Users as well.

I did put in a ticket with VMware and engineer felt issue was related to how data was being collected. I had since adjusted and moved most vCenter adapters to the appropriate Remote collectors but issue still persists.

I do have a lot of objects in this vROPs environment which may or may not be related to the issue. What you should try is editing a user's objects permissions under Access Control and let me know if that screen populates quickly or there is a lag.

Edit Permissions.PNG

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Was there any resolution to the issues you're seeing? I'm with a client and on a fresh install of Horizon 7 using vROPs for Horizon 6.4.0 we're seeing the same issue, all the way down to pointing to any AD controller in the environment with the same result.

0 Kudos
ooajala
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If there individual AD accounts that were imported, try deleting those accounts and re-importing them. This worked for me.

FYI - AD Authentication is not an issue at this point.

Let me know.

--
*** If you like my response, please click "Like" below, if you think I answered your question to the best of my abilities, please mark post as Correct Answer ***

3x vROps Environments implemented across my organization. VDI vROPs 8.4 ::: Epic vROPs 8.4 ::: Shared vROPs 7.0
vROPs Adapters in use: EpicCare & Horizon View Adapter 2.1
0 Kudos
LikeABrandit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In this case we haven't imported any accounts as the error occurred on the first attempt to configure vROPs to connect to AD. The only configs made since deployment are configuring the vCenter and Horizon connections to pull data.

We actually get the hosts displaying when trying to configure for Active Directory and even the ports auto-fill:

pastedImage_1.png

*** New update ***

The client just updated me that it was the account being used to log in to the vROPs manager. Apparently instead of the local vROPs manager admin account, they had been using the administrator@vsphere.local account, since we had linked to vCenter already.

Glad it ended up working out for you guys too, and thanks for the info!