VMware Cloud Community
StevePB
Contributor
Contributor

Advice required : Dashboard showing growth stats per disk

I'm looking to create a dashboard showing growth stats per disk. e.g. I could select a SQL VM and see the past disk space usage (at OS level) and also future projection on a disk by disk basis. This would need to work for VMs with any number of disks. Is this possible with vROps? Would I need to create some supermetrics to enable this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sxnxr
Commander
Commander

yes but not easily but depends

If all your VMs have the same disk config with the same in guest letters assigned then you can use a custom group and an object list to add them to the trend graph and configure the trend graph to show you the disks you are interested in. One disk per trend using the object list to feed them all.

If you have different drive letters you could use the same as the above but if the drive does not exist you will see a graph with no data

You could create one per server and add in the individual disks you want to monitor yourself. If you add a disk to the VM in the future you need to remember to add it to the trend graph.

this is the best i came up with. This VM only has a C and D

sxnxr_0-1635245759731.png

0 Kudos
StevePB
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your advice. The other issue is that we have a mix of linux\windows, and 25,000+ VMs, so creating custom groups etc.. isn't feasible. I was hoping to create a dashboard that would dynamically drill into a particular VM, list the disks and graph the trend for each. Maybe I'm hoping for too much 🙂

0 Kudos