VMware Cloud Community
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize: iaas-service remains blank and unregistered

Problem

After restarting all managment systems in the vRealize stack, iaas-service does not register.

Capture.JPG

Attempted Solutions

I have run into this issue a few times and have never found a definitive solution.  In the past it has been resolved via a restart or a revert of the management systems.  I have also tried restarting the IaaS services and am able to verify that they are running on my IaaS machine.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Perceived Problem

The problem ended up being that user accounts in the "Administrators" user group on all of the Windows 2012 Servers were corrupted and appeared to be garbage when I reverted to the management stack's snapshots.

Solution

I solved the issue by taking the machines off the win domain then adding them back.  This cleared up the garbage user names in the "Administrators" group and restored them to what they should be.

Thanks for your response!  It seems as though services such as the SQL server were unable to start because the service accounts running them were turned to garbage by the restore to snapshots.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sbeaver
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

What do you see in the event logs of the IaaS web server?  Any messages connecting to the SQL back end or something?  It does not sound like the model manager or WAS or something is not starting correctly  for some reason.  Also have you ever looked or seen anything pointing to DCOM errors.  I do not have the links in front of me but do a quick google search for the URL to the different services on the IaaS server

Steve Beaver
VMware Communities User Moderator
VMware vExpert 2009 - 2020
VMware NSX vExpert - 2019 - 2020
====
Co-Author of "VMware ESX Essentials in the Virtual Data Center"
(ISBN:1420070274) from Auerbach
Come check out my blog: [www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog|http://www.virtualizationpractice.com/blog/]
Come follow me on twitter http://www.twitter.com/sbeaver

**The Cloud is a journey, not a project.**
0 Kudos
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Perceived Problem

The problem ended up being that user accounts in the "Administrators" user group on all of the Windows 2012 Servers were corrupted and appeared to be garbage when I reverted to the management stack's snapshots.

Solution

I solved the issue by taking the machines off the win domain then adding them back.  This cleared up the garbage user names in the "Administrators" group and restored them to what they should be.

Thanks for your response!  It seems as though services such as the SQL server were unable to start because the service accounts running them were turned to garbage by the restore to snapshots.

0 Kudos