VMware Cloud Community
sc2317
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Automation Expiry Notification Not Working

Hi,

I am facing an issue in vRA where owner of the machine is not getting notification before machine is about to expire. By default, user should receive notification 7 days before the expire date. However, in our environment user received notification just few minutes before machine was about expire instead of 7 days before expire.

Can someone please assist, what could be wrong in vRA that is not sending notification to user based on default timeline.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sc2317
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have been able to fix the issue by enabling one notification scenario "Resource Lease Pre-Expiration Notification" that was in suspended state. Notification scenario "Lease About to Expire" was active, however I believe to receive notification for about to expire scenarios these both needs to be in active state.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
bnagabhushan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Did you check if anyone has modified the settings that defines the number of days before a machine's expires

Customize the Date for Email Notification for Machine Expiration

You can also check if anyone has modified the settings in this file:

1) Login to the IAAS Machine.

2) Edit the ManagerService.exe.config file in %SystemDrive%\Program Files x86\VMware\vCAC\Server,

3) Locate workflowManagerEmailByStateSection.

4) Modify as follows.

<workflowManagerEmailByStateSection DaysNotificationBeforeExpire="<No. Of days>" FailedToProvision="true"

ReclamationForcedLeaseModified="true"

ReclamationExpiredLeaseModified="true"

ReclamationReminder="true"

Reclamation="true"

LeaseExpired="true"

LeaseModified="false"

LeaseAboutToExpire="false"

MachineActivated="false"

MachineDisposed="false"

MachineOwnerChanged="false"

MachineRequested="false"

RequestApproved="false"

RequestRejected="false"

/>

<No. Of days> can be customized as per need.

0 Kudos
sc2317
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have checked this file and it has default 7 days configured.

Please suggest.

0 Kudos
sc2317
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

One thing I noticed that it has below format and I believe it is configured only for failed to provision message. I am new to vRA so not sure if its correct, however from syntax it looks like that it is not configured to send email for expiry before 7 days.

<workflowManagerEmailByStateSection DaysNotificationBeforeExpire="7" FailedToProvision="true" />

Also, if its not configured then how user is getting email just few minutes before expiry. Is this default settings which you don't define anywhere ?

Can you please also suggest, how can I know which all are the IAAS servers associated with vRA. I have checked it from vRA appliance page and I below highlighted one is IAAS node that I need to check.

VMware vRealize Appliance.jpg

0 Kudos
sc2317
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Can someone please suggest. We are struggling to find out why notification related to "abouttoexpire " is not being received. We are receiving notification of machine expired/destroyed, however notification abouttoexpire is not working.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Please contact GSS by opening a support request and work with them to completion.

0 Kudos
sc2317
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Unfortunately the version that we are currently running is not supported by VMware anymore. We'll upgrade the same in next few weeks. However, meanwhile we were looking for suggestions to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
sc2317
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi bnagabhushan,

Could you please suggest based on the findings given by me. We have checked the config file as suggested by you, however settings like leaseexpired, leasemodified are also commented in the file. We are not sure ff these settings are also commented then why are we getting notification for these settings but not for "leaseabouttoexpire"

0 Kudos
sc2317
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have been able to fix the issue by enabling one notification scenario "Resource Lease Pre-Expiration Notification" that was in suspended state. Notification scenario "Lease About to Expire" was active, however I believe to receive notification for about to expire scenarios these both needs to be in active state.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos