VMware Cloud Community
Uridium454
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRealize Automation 7.5 Cumulative Update Stuck "Patch bundle upload is already in progress"

Just wanted to put something out there in case anyone else runs into this particular issue.  While applying the cumulative update for vRA 7.5 (VMware Knowledge Base), I have ran into an issue in two separate environments in which after the patch is uploaded (progress bar reaches 100%), I am presented with a new screen that just says "Patch bundle upload is already in progress".  No matter the amount of time given to clear this, the screen does not update allowing you to perform the install.  To stop this behavior and move forward with the install, I have had to run the following command from the vRA appliance, and refresh the page:

rm opt/vmaware/share/htdocs/service/cafe/patch_upload.lock

This command is noted in the above listed KB, under step three of troubleshooting part 2.

Hope this helps. :_)

2 Replies
razvanionescu
Contributor
Contributor

Valid for vRA 7.6 HF 19, although the KB (https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/70911) does not have the command in it. The new patch would not be displayed in VAMI until the file had been removed. 

0 Kudos
lmaxfield
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks -- this helped me out. But there's a typo in the path. The file is:

/opt/vmware/share/htdocs/service/cafe/patch_upload.lock

0 Kudos