VMware Cloud Community
vmvmvmware
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vROps and DB SQL or Oracle

Good morning,

I would need to put under application monitoring DBs installed on VM linux or Windows.

Understand then whether the DB has locked tables or locked users or other issues.

Do you know if there is a script that allows me to do so by vROps?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First, this really isn't a vRealize Automation issue and belongs in the vROps forum. Secondly, there's not going to be any good solution for you without using a combination of the EpOps agents in-guest, or the management packs from Blue Medora. If you have an Advanced license, you can use the Endpoint Operations agents. By default, recent versions of vROps have the SQL plug-in embedded for the EpOps agents, so when you deploy to a system with MSSQL the agent can, after configuration, collect on certain metrics. But to do what you want in the best way really requires an Enterprise license, and Blue Medora pack for SQL is really excellent although not free.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
grvmtech
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Blue Medora offers vRealize Operations Management Packs for a wide array of databases including Microsoft SQL and Oracle Database.

You can find more details on the vROps Management Pack for Oracle Database here.

You can find more details on the vROps Management Pack for Microsoft SQL Server here.

Including those two databases, Blue Medora's vROps Management Packs provide deep visibility, often down to the SQL query level (were applicable), for the following database types:

SQL Databases

Oracle Database

Microsoft SQL Server

IBM DB2

MySQL

PostgreSQL

NoSQL Databases

MongoDB

SAP HANA

Cloud Databases

Amazon DynamoDB

Amazon Aurora DB

Amazon RDS - Oracle DB

Amazon RDS - Microsoft SQL

Amazon RDS - MariaDB

Amazon RDS - PostgreSQL

Amazon RDS - MySQL

Big Data

Cassandra

Hadoop

These Management Packs can be licensed directly from VMware.

0 Kudos
vmvmvmware
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I confirm, but to monitor the DB on the application side I need a version of Enterprise vROps while mine is advanced and the plugins are paid. I'm trying to figure out whether the application side monitoring can be either half script or stored procedure.

0 Kudos
vmvmvmware
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there someone that can halp me?

Thanks?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First, this really isn't a vRealize Automation issue and belongs in the vROps forum. Secondly, there's not going to be any good solution for you without using a combination of the EpOps agents in-guest, or the management packs from Blue Medora. If you have an Advanced license, you can use the Endpoint Operations agents. By default, recent versions of vROps have the SQL plug-in embedded for the EpOps agents, so when you deploy to a system with MSSQL the agent can, after configuration, collect on certain metrics. But to do what you want in the best way really requires an Enterprise license, and Blue Medora pack for SQL is really excellent although not free.