VMware Cloud Community
dalehassinger
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRO is trying to run two instances of the same workflow at the same time. One runs and one fails.

Has anyone ever seen an issue where vRO is trying to run two instances of the same workflow at the same time.  One runs and one fails. The one that fails the error is "The operation is not allowed in the current state".

Example is two different uses submit a BluePrint to run at the exact same time. One will complete and one will fail.

If the workflow is run 100 times but never close together in time, they will always complete OK.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Which version is this on and what is the context (XaaS, EventBroker). Also, is this a custom workflow or an OOTB one?

Usually, vRO can happily run many instances of the same workflow as long as there are no shared resources. If there are shared items you should look at using workflow locking

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
eoinbyrne
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Which version is this on and what is the context (XaaS, EventBroker). Also, is this a custom workflow or an OOTB one?

Usually, vRO can happily run many instances of the same workflow as long as there are no shared resources. If there are shared items you should look at using workflow locking

0 Kudos
dalehassinger
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vRealize Orchestrator

Xaas

Combination of OOTB and Custom Workflow.

I will take a look at Workflow Locking.

0 Kudos
dalehassinger
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I added Locking to my workflow and that seems to have fixed my issue.  I don't like the fact that before vRA 7.6 HF 5 and the latest version of vRO I did not have to do this.  Almost like a bug was introduced and this is just a work around. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos