VMware Cloud Community
bugblatterbeast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRAC 6.2 and vSphere 6 no resources available for Reservations

Hi All

I have spun up a brand spanking new vSphere 6 environment using the vCenter Appliance (with SSO and vCenter split onto different appliances)  and installed NSX.  Everything works as expected.  Then I installed vCAC 6.2 (using the vCenter SSO for auth) and everything seems to be working except that when I added the new Endpoint for vCenter and NSX I get no compute/storage/network resources available to place in a new Reservation (Fabric Group picks up the cluster so communications seem to be ok between IaaS and vCenter).

Here is a screenshot of my Endpoint:-

pastedImage_2.png

Here is a screenshot of the Fabric Group:-

pastedImage_3.png

Here is a screenshot of New Reservation screen:-

pastedImage_1.png

Anyone got any ideas where I have gone wrong?

Danny

VCP4/5, VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCA4/5, VCAP-CIA, AWS-CSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Is MSDTC configured correctly?

What do the logs look like in Infrastructure > Monitoring > Log?

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Is MSDTC configured correctly?

What do the logs look like in Infrastructure > Monitoring > Log?

Cheers

0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

When i saw this it was due to DTC like eatVM says. In my particular case the initial connection from vCAC to SQL was done on the shared DTC but the DTC response from the SQL server to vCAC was coming directly from one of the SQL nodes in the cluster. Id check DTC settings then if youre running a SQL cluster for your DB run a tcpdump to verify return  traffic is making it back to your vCAC server.

bugblatterbeast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks both......setting MSDTC correctly on my SQL server resolved the issue with seeing the compute and storage resources.  Think I have a different problem with NSX though......RTFM Smiley Happy

VCP4/5, VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCA4/5, VCAP-CIA, AWS-CSA, CCNA, MCSE, MCSA
0 Kudos