VMware Cloud Community
SiteRecoveryMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA7.2 - how the user can connect iso ?!!

Dears..

I have this issue that took me in a long journey with no solution -_-

I have this End User who requested an IaaS VM that is has no operating system installed.

after many searches I found out a solution where I created a blueprint & connected it to an windows 2012r2 iso in my datastore.

but when I connect to it using web console or VMRC console, both consoles don't show  Removable devices & power options grayed out.

I though that happened because the VMware Tools aren't installed yet, so I used WinToolkit to install VMware tools from windows 2012 iso.

but when I tested that blueprint with this iso, the VMware tools were installed but I still have the Removable devices & Power options grayed out !_!

Web console doesn't even pass the mouse clicks to the vm, it shows the vm as a picture ! the only thing it passes is the command tabs at the top of the web client as ctrl alt del...

how the End User for god sake can connect his own iso files or apps if neither VMRC nor Web Consoles show any option to connect a simple iso file ?!!!

I have attached a pic for VMRC Grayed out options..

UPDATE..

even the VMs created using linked clone don't show the options for Removable devices .. duh !!

People around me started annoying & say the vRA is pointless if can n't provide a simple option like this..

please if you can help me with this it would be a great help..

Thanks in Advanced..

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SiteRecoveryMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

no one knows how the end user can connect iso to a VM created by vRA7 ?!!

0 Kudos
jhague
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Have you tried this KB? Basically to create a new mount ISO action in vRA/vRO rather than using VMRC.

Mounting a CD-ROM or ISO in vRA using vRO (2065784) | VMware KB

John Hague http://linkedin.com/in/john-hague | twitter @jhague10 VCIX-DCV | VCP-DCV 3/4/5/6 | VCP6-NV | VCP7-CMA | VCAP7-CMA Design
0 Kudos
SiteRecoveryMan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

I have tried both, add CDrom & mount CDrom actions although I think I only need the Mount CD-Rom action..

However, both actions return with the error

(Failed to convert external resource "vm name". Script action com.vmware.vcac.asd.mappings/mapToVCVM failed.)

I don't know what is missing but I even tried to run the workflow from vRO & when it prompts for the VM name  & I give any name for any vm in my vCenter,

the vRO can't find them although it is connected to them as endpoint.

I appreciate your help.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
darrengoff3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you manage to get this working?

- DG If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
batuhandemirdal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Will you make the VMware version an eleven.

0 Kudos
elhabit1
Contributor
Contributor

hay my friend did you fiend the solution because i have the same problem and i cant fined  it

0 Kudos
Pima35
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you find a solution to your need  ?

0 Kudos