VMware Cloud Community
IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA Event Broker Question

I am attempting to use the Event Broker mechanism to have an email sent to our vRA Admin group when a VM is deleted. Currently, the conditions I am using are:

Run based on Conditions: All of the following:

Data > Lifecycle state > Lifecycle State Name Equals Constant: Disposing

Data > Lifecycle state > Lifecycle State Phase Equals Constant: PRE

When I watch the system being destroyed, I see it entering the "Disposing" Lifecycle state, but I never see the Orchestrator script being run. There are also no errors logged in vRA in the Monitoring > Log area...

Suggestions for making this fire correctly? is there a set of conditions I could use that would allow me to do this?

Thanks in advance...

Roger

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your first condition is invalid. It needs to be "VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Disposing" and not just "Disposing".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your first condition is invalid. It needs to be "VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Disposing" and not just "Disposing".

0 Kudos
IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, that kind of worked... at least I'm getting a different error now... I'm wondering if VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Disposing has  a PRE stage... The documentation says it does...

System.Data.Services.DataServiceException: Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachineExts'.

at System.Data.Services.Providers.DataServiceExecutionProviderWrapper.GetSingleResultFromRequest(SegmentInfo segmentInfo)

at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.CompareETagAndWriteResponse(RequestDescription description, IDataService dataService, IODataResponseMessage responseMessage)

at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.SerializeResponseBody(RequestDescription description, IDataService dataService, IODataResponseMessage responseMessage)

at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Try POST as I know for sure that combination works.

0 Kudos
IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ACK!!!    I forgot to put the Extensibility.Lifecycle.Properties.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.Disposing * entry into the properties....

PRE, EVENT and POST are all stages of Disposing...

more to come.....

0 Kudos
IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

System.Data.Services.DataServiceException: Resource not found for the segment 'VirtualMachineExts'.

at System.Data.Services.Providers.DataServiceExecutionProviderWrapper.GetSingleResultFromRequest(SegmentInfo segmentInfo)

at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.CompareETagAndWriteResponse(RequestDescription description, IDataService dataService, IODataResponseMessage responseMessage)

at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.SerializeResponseBody(RequestDescription description, IDataService dataService, IODataResponseMessage responseMessage)

at System.Data.Services.DataService`1.HandleRequest()

More digging...

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you getting the payload at this point?

0 Kudos
IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I am not... I also tried POST

I also tried POST and MachineType equals Virtual Machine

Same error... suggestion?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

So is it invoking your workflow at this point and failing or is it not even invoking it to begin with?

0 Kudos
IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not getting to the workflow... I've opened a ticket with support

0 Kudos
IntegraRoger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It would seem that one needs to use the right Topic to have the appropriate Lifecycle State to be active... I was using LifeCycle and should have been using Provisioning...

Live and Learn.

Now if I could only get my admin system to behave.....

0 Kudos