VMware Cloud Community
mcbrideab
Contributor
Contributor

vRA ASD\vRO Workflow Presentation Properties

Hello,

I've been beating my head against this for a while now, and I am hoping you all can send me in the right direction.

I am creating a new ASD blueprint from a vRO workflow to provision a new VM from template. When I run the workflow in vRO, it goes through just fine, but when I take it into the XaaS catalog through the ASD, it appears to lose some of the presentation properties I specified. The 'Specify a root object to be shown in the chooser. Root Object is provided from a parameter or attribute.' property will not follow the workflow through to the ASD, and thus in the catalog when I go to request a new machine be provisioned, I am forced to drill down several layers to find what I am looking for. This happens with AD OU, VM folder, datastores, hosts, etc. Anywhere the chooser is a tree, it always starts me out at the top level instead of the level I specified as the root object.

Again, when I test in vRO directly, it displays the root folder as is specified, this problem only happens when I try to run the workflow after importing it with the ASD.

Any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

Some of the vRO presentation properties don't work in vRA. The root object is one of those. Because the form is being populated in vRA at the form population page vRO doesn't know anything about the user hitting the vRA form. You will need to use the ASD functionality to define a "Default Value" in the form.

0 Kudos