VMware Cloud Community
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 8.x - Rename existing deployment?

In vRA 7.6, you could just click the little pencil next to a deployments name to rename it.  I don't see that in vRA 8.x.

Is there a simple method for renaming existing deployments?  Seems like a simple task, but thus far I haven't seen an easy way.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can set the Deployment Name under "Edit Deployment":

rwk1982_0-1652700024151.png

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rwk1982
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can set the Deployment Name under "Edit Deployment":

rwk1982_0-1652700024151.png

Drink coffee.. Do stupid things faster with more energy...
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think my issue came in because I set 'Infrastructure Administrators' to * for Day 2 Actions, assuming that I was an 'Infrastructure Administrator'.  'Infrastructure Administrator' is apparently a special role that isn't documented (well, it is, but the documentation calls it a 'Restricted Infrastructure Administrator', therefore my assumption was that an 'Infrastructure Administrator' was a 'non-restricted Infrastructure Administrator').  Upon searching "Infrastructure Administrator", the SEARCH reveals "Infrastructure Administrator" in italics, with the word "Restricted" NOT so....
I was afraid Edit Deployment would have more far reaching abilities (it isn't documented, and was NOT a vRA Entitlement necessary to rename in 7.6) , but I suppose now that I see this, and 'Edit Deployment' ONLY allows Name/Description/Icon changes that I can allow that for everyone (though I'll need a new Day 2 Action vRO to update vSphere notes with Description changes...)

Simple solutions, thanks.

0 Kudos