VMware Cloud Community
jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

vRA 8.x : Make vRO workflows available for Extensibility Subscriptions

After I have created a new vRO workflow I want to select it in a new Extensibility Subscription.
For some reason, the workflow is not listed. After a long time when I check again, it is selectable.

I recall having heard that there is some sync between vRO and vRA at that point.
But I don't remember how that works and if there is any way to 'force' that, so that I don't have to wait too long.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
emacintosh
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I believe that vRA syncs with vRO every ten minutes (Infrastructure -> Integrations -> vRealize Orchestrator).  I think that is the same schedule that the extensibility section updates its workflows too. 

Although, we have had to wait maybe 2 sync cycles in the past.  And sometimes having to increase workflow versions before they are available for subscriptions.  So maybe it's a different sync cycle, or maybe there's additional processing that needs to happen before they are known to subscriptions....or maybe there are (have been) some bugs in the process.

jimmyvandermast
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks @emacintosh , I found that it not only takes 10-20 minutes, I also found that I was unable to find my workflow by name since I had a double space hidden in the name... 🤔

Next time, I'll try the sync by clicking the "START DATA COLLECTION"  button under the embedded-vRO. (tried that before, but I was fooled by those double spaces)

0 Kudos