VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vRA 8 /catalog/api/admin/items returns all values when I provide projectId should filter.

When I use the api call /catalog/api/admin/items and provide the projectId parameter I always get a full list of all items.  I'm expecting it to only show the items available to a project but maybe I'm misunderstanding how that parameter works?  From the swagger definition the description is "Matches which can be requested within project with the given projectId" .  I think all items and content sources are available to any project right so maybe this parameter is useless?  I was expecting to only see the list of sources or items already entitled to a project and would be available to be requested.  If I use the /catalog/api/admin/entitlements endpoint then work from that to get the catalog items I get the info I was looking for but I was expecting to be able to filter it from the items call when providing the project id.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
xian_
Expert
Expert

Not sure what the difference is, but this one is working for me:

https://vra8.corp.local/catalog/api/items?projects=00ca5827-ed03-4f8d-88f8-1c1c9ce396ca

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yup that works similar to how the entitlements return as expected.  I'm thinking maybe the wording in the docs is just bad?

0 Kudos