VMware Cloud Community
RebeccaW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 8 - Day Two Action Resize to increase CPU\Memory

I'm losing my mind and hopefully this is just something really silly I am missing. Been trying in my dev environment and in HOL lab just now to check and I cannot get Resize to allow for increase in size, only decrease. Do we have to create a custom action to allow the user to add more CPU\Memory? Already think I need to create a custom as the memory is in MB not full GB and too many of our users don't bother to do the math correctly. 

Version 8.6.2 and I added a deployment limit policy and the request is smaller than that. Basically if I go up at all the field turns red and says invalid. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Figured out the issue! Switched to the flavor mappings and then noticed I could Resize up to the largest one available. For testing had just explicitly put the CPU\Memory thinking that was just starting size not also setting it as the max size.

0 Kudos
Stanislas1986
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if it can respond to your question

For limits we can create a new policy to set  in Service Broker -> Policies -> new policy -> Deployment Limit Policy

Stanislas1986_0-1680864667845.png

Stanislas1986_1-1680864741746.png

0 Kudos
ronaldod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Flavor mapping sounds great but in most cases a headache. Just stay far away from it to stay flexible.

0 Kudos