VMware Cloud Community
stratoCumulus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 8.8 - Strange Behavior Using Unregister API with Onboarded Deployment

Hi, I am attempting unregister a machine that is part of an onboarded deployment (this works using the day2 action in the GUI) via a POST call to the /relocation/api/wo/unregister-machine API.

The request returns a 200 code and the link to the unregistered machine; a response consistent with a successful request, as described in the API documentation.

However, the machine is never unregistered and no unregister event is triggered. What does happen is:

- the deployment network is removed

- the machine now appears in the "unmanaged" folder within the tree-picker view of the vRA plugin. 

I am providing the following request content: {"resourceLink":"/resources/compute/{machineResourceId}"}. I get the machine resource Id from the vRA:Machine's self.href in the linksExtension. I have confirmed this Id is the same one returned from the iaas/api/machines API for this machine. 

Any ideas as to why this is happening and/or experience using this API? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
stratoCumulus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Still looking for an answer to this, is no one having any issues unregistering an onboarded vCenter VM with the Unregister API? 

Additional info I have observed:

When using the Unregister Day2 action in Service Broker after using the unregister API, but some logging I have set up confirms that from the vRA plugin's perspective in vRO, the VM is unregistered from vRA and will return undefined when looking for various resources related to the unregistered machine. 

Also subsequent API unregisters return unsuccessful because the machine cannot be found in vRA programmatically from vRO in this state. It's like the unregister was successful in vRO but not reflected in Service Broker/Cloud Assembly.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos