VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

vRA 8.5 dynamicEnum only returns a list no option to display key?

I'm a bit confused why the implementation of the external source for the selection list does not function with the key being what is displayed in the drop down list or an option to display the key?  I'd prefer the radio button to choose either "values" or "key values" and a check box to select whether supplied by an external action or defined in template.  I have a bunch of templates I am using a more user friendly display name but the actual value is more computer friendly.  Hopefully in a next version or maybe I am missing something in the property definition?  I don't see an example in the docs to do this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You need to set key/value pairs in case of single Properties output, or value/label pairs in case of array of Properties.

I've written a blog post on this topic, hope it clarifies: vRA Custom Form Dropdowns with External Source

View solution in original post

3 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

OK... I think I see where I am confused... when editing a property and defining key values you set

key = title in the yaml code

value = const in yaml code

When creating the property need to usu put(value/const,key/title) I had it reversed.  I have a feeling I won't be the first to trip up on this.  Can someone confirm I have this correct for my sanity ? 🙂

0 Kudos
xian_
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You need to set key/value pairs in case of single Properties output, or value/label pairs in case of array of Properties.

I've written a blog post on this topic, hope it clarifies: vRA Custom Form Dropdowns with External Source

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Thanks for that very easy to follow example of all 3 options.  Maybe this is explained somewhere in the documentation but I couldn't find clear examples.

0 Kudos