VMware Cloud Community
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 8.5 Ansible Tower Integration Error

I wanted to ask this here last night, but my session timed out and I lost it.  I've submitted a support ticket about this, but wanted to see if the Community came up with anything either.  PvP!

I have a template that deploys fine 100% of the time.
I have an Ansible Tower integration that has verified fine.  The Ansible Tower (AWX) admin has gone through the docs and made changes appropriate to the vRA integration and account.

Once I add the Ansible Integration to the template, the template now fails 100% of the time.  Randomly, it may deploy the VM and not power it on, or not deploy the VM at all.  Either way, it fails without the VM as part of the deployment (such that deleting the deployment doesn't delete the VM).

The errors I get (which do not seem to correlate to whether the VM deployed or not) - source is RequestBrokerService for both:
com.vmware.xenon.common.ServiceHost$ServiceNotFoundException: Service not found: http://10.244.0.159:8282/resources/compute/8cdf93e8-d24b-49be-971e-edc2a5cd160b
or
Provisioning operation failed. Service not found: http://10.244.0.159:8282/resources/compute/8170c8ec-5ef4-4bbf-8f8d-e029bfdca1a3

The YAML for the Ansible Tower is pretty simple/straight forward:
Cloud_Ansible_Tower_1:
 type: Cloud.Ansible.Tower
 properties:
  host: '${resource.VM}'
  account: AnsibleTowerIntegrationName
  templates:
   provision:
    - name: TestTemplateName

Ideas?  Logs (and locations thereof) worth looking at?  How to know which service may be running on pod '10.244.0.159'?

All this because 'software components' was removed, sigh.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrettK1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Syntax error!

host: '${resource.VM}'

should be

host: '${resource.VM.*}'

View solution in original post