VMware Cloud Community
PavelGudkov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 8.2 Add VMware VM network interface thrue Day 2 Action

Hello Everybody

Does anyone know if it is possible to add a network interface to a VMware virtual machine using day 2 action in vRA 8.2?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @PavelGudkov ,

This is not possible with OOB actions, but you should be able to do it with custom Day-2 Ops.

Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos
PavelGudkov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Leonardo,

Using Day-2 Ops I can add NIC to VM using VMware API and for example using Ansible to set it. But in this case I cant use internal IPAM and new network interface will not be visible on the vRA topology.

So I am looking for vRA 8 API to do it as it is possible to add a disk for example.

0 Kudos
lnairn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Understood.. Thing is I'm afraid there is no second day op to do that

Regards,

Leandro.

0 Kudos
j_dubs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Pavel,

Just thinking out loud here, not sure if this would work - but it would for other resources (for example we do this way with disks)

Could you add the additional network on the canvas, and put count=0 on it?  Then when you want to update the deployment with the additional nic, perform an 'update' on the deployment and just change that count=1.  If that logic would work for nics, I am not sure - we we definitely use this for our custom resources in the blueprint.

If nothing changes but the network, then pretty sure it will just make the necessary updates.  My hunch is if this works, then you will get what you want on the topology and be able to leverage other provisioning processes like IPAM/Ansible.

0 Kudos