VMware Cloud Community
jexplorer
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 7 Catalog Item Request - Restrict Deployment Field

Hello everyone - with some of the changes that came since vRA 7.0 is every catalog item request is being treated as part of Deplyoment, and as such the request contains Description and Instance Count for the deployment as well as the child machine parameters. We have a restriction on the number of instances for the blueprint. However, people can still change the Deployment count instance and defats the restriction we put in place. Is there any way to hard limit this to 1 or some max field. We're running vRA 7.0.1. Thanks for your inputs.

3 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

It would appear not. Checking if this is a known regression from 6.x, and if/when it is being addressed.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
adrianPekar
Contributor
Contributor

jexplorer, you can limit your deployment in Admin. - Cat. MGMT - Catalog Items - Set Quota

vmware.PNG

0 Kudos
mkijowski
Contributor
Contributor

May have to start another post, but is there any way to restrict the number of deployments per Entitlement?  Say I have the same user in two different groups and the catalog item is coming from the same deployment/blueprint.  I would like them to only be able to request one deployment for each entitlement, I don't want to allow two deployments and trust the user to figure out where to put them (say if the provisioned network is different between deployments).

Is this possible?  Or do I need to double/triple the nubmer of blueprints in order to support this?

0 Kudos