VMware Cloud Community
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7.5 - "submit" button doing nothing, but no errors on page

Hey all - using vRA 7.5 and some software components on basic machine objects... fill out all the properties required on the form but submit button just blinks.  No submit and no error to indicate why.

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wanted to add to this - so, it seems that it has to do with encrypted string fields.  I can add a property requiring encrypted string, but when I type into the field I can no longer submit.  If I do not type in the field (which won't satisfy the build, but for testing its ok) it will submit.

Hrm.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Is this with custom forms? Can you show me some screenshots of your blueprint including the software component? I can try to reproduce if so.

0 Kudos
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not custom form - just properties being shown in request for software component.

Here is the setup on the software component:

pastedImage_0.png

Here is the main blueprint:

pastedImage_2.png

And here are the properties on the software component:

pastedImage_3.png

I have it pre-populated with a password and if I fill other things out and hit submit it works.  If I enter a password in the field at the time of request the submit button breaks.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What if you make this a required field? And, really, shouldn't all of these technically be required? Unless I'm mistaken, they're all required parameters in an AD domain bring-up process.

0 Kudos
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

They are - I am experimenting with setting them statically in the powershell that's being run.  I can make it required or not it doesn't seem to matter.  As soon as the box is typed in the request no longer submits.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Are you able to share your blueprint including software component so I can have a look?

0 Kudos
5mall5nail5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sure - I can try and export it tomorrow thanks!

I've gone and made all fields required and shown in request.  As soon as I enter anything in the secure string field it won't submit but if I leave the pre-populated password there from the software component config, all is well.  Really weird.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you can export and share it, I can work on it. It could either be a bug in 7.5 or a malformed property. I have labs on three prior versions I can use to confirm that behavior.

0 Kudos
normankean
Contributor
Contributor

Did this ever get resolved and if so what was the answer?  I am running into the same thing.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I never received the export from the OP so no idea.

0 Kudos