VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

vRA 7.3 - nullPointerException when using cafe entities finder to look for requests

Hi,

I need to query my vRA Request by using a vRO workflow.

Back in 7.2 I have used this method:

var reqs = vCACCAFEEntitiesFinder.getRequests(cafeHost);

This method fails now in 7.3 with:

java.lang.NullPointerException

Querying for other types works fine. The error is thrown for .getRequest as well as for .findRequests.

Edit:

I've tried getting to the request using another method, but this fails again in a strange way:

var cafeHostCC = cafeHost.createCatalogClient();

var reqId = payload.get("machine").get("properties").get("__Cafe.Root.Request.Id");

var req = cafeHostCC.getCatalogConsumerRequestService().getRequest(reqId);

var businessGroupName = req.organization.getSubtenantLabel();

System.log("LOG: req.organization.getSubtenantLabel(): " + req.organization.getSubtenantLabel());

This seems to work, the req.organization.getSubtenantLabel() output shows a correct value, however after this line the workflow fails again with an Error 403 pointing to a line previously executed (here it would output System.log on line 05 and after that fail with Error 403 on line 03)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This sounds like the broken café plug-in in vRO 7.3. Install the fixed version and see if that helps.

“NullPointer Exception” when viewing the requests from the CAFE plugin inventory in vRealize Orchest...

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert

Thanks, this seems to be it. I will update the plugin during our next maintenance window and try it again. I have found a workaround for my workflow in the meantime.

0 Kudos
bkconley
Contributor
Contributor

The link to download the updated plugin is missing from the KB article https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2150546.  I know it used to be linked but was removed sometime in the last few days.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This was removed when the KB got updated yesterday, and I posted a thread here to the same effect. Hopefully it'll be restored soon.

0 Kudos