VMware Cloud Community
meda1983
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRA 7.3 Upgrade Replica status: failed to upgrade

upgraded vRA 7.3 at home lab and noticed below error where  the replica node failed to install pointing to below URL.  Unfortunately below URL doesnt work yet.

all IAAS Nodes and primary master node upgraded fine with no issues and works great.  I couldnt find any documentation or process on how to update the Appliance manually . 

Technical Publications Information Center - Topic Not Found

pastedImage_0.png

http://pubs.vmware.com/vrealize-automation-73/topic/com.vmware.vrealize.automation.doc/GUID-93998009...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
meda1983
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I resolved it with below steps

1)Delete the replica node from cluster on VAMI on the master node

2)run below commands on the master node to remove the failed node

rabbitmqctl forget_cluster_node rabbit@vrava02

sed -i  "/vrava02.akil.local/d" "/etc/haproxy/conf.d/10-psql.cfg" "/etc/haproxy/conf.d/20-vcac.cfg"

service haproxy restart

/usr/sbin/vcac-config cluster-config-ping-nodes --services haproxy

echo "Delete from \"saas\".\"Connector\" where host like '%vrava02.akil.local%'" | su - postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql vcac

echo "Delete from \"saas\".\"OAuth2Client\" where \"OAuth2Client\".\"redirectUri\" LIKE '%vrava02.akil.local%'" | su - postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql vcac

echo "Delete from \"saas\".\"FederationArtifacts\" where \"FederationArtifacts\".\"strData\" LIKE '%vrava02.akil.local%'" | su postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql vcac

echo "Delete from \"saas\".\"ServiceInstance\" where \"ServiceInstance\".\"hostName\" LIKE '%vrava02.akil.local%';" | su - postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql vcac

3)deploy a new vRA 7.3 appliance

4)change hostname to loadbalancer name

5)Join the node to the cluster

6) enable load balancer for the replica node

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
meda1983
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I resolved it with below steps

1)Delete the replica node from cluster on VAMI on the master node

2)run below commands on the master node to remove the failed node

rabbitmqctl forget_cluster_node rabbit@vrava02

sed -i  "/vrava02.akil.local/d" "/etc/haproxy/conf.d/10-psql.cfg" "/etc/haproxy/conf.d/20-vcac.cfg"

service haproxy restart

/usr/sbin/vcac-config cluster-config-ping-nodes --services haproxy

echo "Delete from \"saas\".\"Connector\" where host like '%vrava02.akil.local%'" | su - postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql vcac

echo "Delete from \"saas\".\"OAuth2Client\" where \"OAuth2Client\".\"redirectUri\" LIKE '%vrava02.akil.local%'" | su - postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql vcac

echo "Delete from \"saas\".\"FederationArtifacts\" where \"FederationArtifacts\".\"strData\" LIKE '%vrava02.akil.local%'" | su postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql vcac

echo "Delete from \"saas\".\"ServiceInstance\" where \"ServiceInstance\".\"hostName\" LIKE '%vrava02.akil.local%';" | su - postgres /opt/vmware/vpostgres/current/bin/psql vcac

3)deploy a new vRA 7.3 appliance

4)change hostname to loadbalancer name

5)Join the node to the cluster

6) enable load balancer for the replica node

0 Kudos