VMware Cloud Community
SylvainM2011101
Contributor
Contributor

vRA 6.2 System.OutOfMemoryException on IaaS server

I need help,

I keep getting these error on a daily basis, running on windows 2008 R2 with the .net 4.5.2

my deployment is 1 vRA appliance, 1 IaaS server/DB,  1 vCO

my environment is 1 vCenter, 64 hosts, ~900VMs

the DEM is the one that usually dies and restarting the service doesn't work, it died again right away, only a reboot does and then its fine for 20-24 hrs

I've played around with winrm max ram , resizing the IaaS 16Gb to 32Gb, server doesn't seem to help

taskmgr always shows plenty of RAM available. I'm not a IIS/Windows/.net person so I'm kinda clueless on this one but from my research it seems to be related to .net and because vRA is a 32bit app and I'm hitting the 1.7Gb wall

I've turned down data collection, turned off performance collection

log from DEM

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

at System.Data.Services.Client.BaseSaveResult..ctor(DataServiceContext context, String method, DataServiceRequest[] queries, SaveChangesOptions options, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Data.Services.Client.BatchSaveResult..ctor(DataServiceContext context, String method, DataServiceRequest[] queries, SaveChangesOptions options, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext.SaveChanges(SaveChangesOptions options)

at DynamicOps.Repository.RepositoryServiceContext.SaveChanges(SaveChangesOptions options)

at DynamicOps.Repository.Tracking.RepoLoggingSingleton.WriteToLogs(TraceEventType severity, Int32 categoryId, String categoryName, String message)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you attach the DEM worker log file?. Are you using vCenter as endpoint or vCloud as endpoint?

0 Kudos