VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

vRA 6.2.4 valueList property displaying with a <br/> and causes error Invalid value specified for custom property

I have a valueList defined for a custom property and for some reason when I save it the last value gets a line break inserted into the list.  If I delete the last value the line break goes away.  When I order an item that has that property as an input the drop down list looks fine but when I select that value I get this error when the request runs:

A server error was encountered Error requesting machine. Invalid value 'Extra Large (4CPU x 32GB)' specified for custom property 'QC.Machine.Size'.

Has anyone else seen anything like this and know how to stop it from occurring?

Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 1.11.10 PM.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
prestonville
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In 6.2.4 vmware have added additional checking on custom property formats. Its referenced in this KB2145015 "Provisioning virtual machine from catalog fails in vRealize Automation 6.2.x"

The problem is

"This issue occurs if the custom property value includes white space or non english characters or null and the corresponding property dictionary is associated."

We had very similar errors as the KB in the repository log.

I would recommend contacting vmware support to discuss the options available to fix this which is what we did and we were able to reduce the changes required to get blueprints working again.

Chris

0 Kudos
emerson132
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had almost the same issue. Although mine was when using Value Expressions.

When you select the custom property and view the value expression / value list, if you have a long entry in there for some reason the display shows </BR> in. So if you copy from this view to notepad to edit the entry the copy will take the </BR> across, and then when you copy your new result back you end up actually copying </BR> into your new value.

In my case I just selected to edit the entry and copied the value from there, it then doesn't take over the </BR> value. Stupid I know, but whenever I view the value expression it shows the </BR> but if I select to edit the value and view the text that's actually in the property field then they don't appear. (unless I have mistakenly ccopied them there.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos