VMware Cloud Community
klaus_progress
Contributor
Contributor

vCAC virtual machine provisioning

Hi,

How to create a template for a virtual machine to be used in vCAC  and be visible for data collection template ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Hey there,

Are you referring Template as vCenter Template or vCD template or BluePrints in vCAC?

To create BluePrint in vCAC, there is a complete document for vCAC documentation which explains and guide very well to create it.

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
klaus_progress
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

As vCenter template is fine.

What I did was to install  VMware tools into the Virtual machine and also DCAC-Agent-Setup.exe.  ( With option vSphere and also like Guest)  .

After that I cloned to template using the vSphere Client  from vCenter connection.

But with this steps I don't see the template on the Blue Print  .

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Hey there no special process to build template for vCAC, it`s same which you use for vCenter. The agent whcih you installed in the template is actually for vCenter/vSphere environement which is utilised by vCAC to explore vCenter inventory.

If you are not able to see the templates in blueprint defination, you can do manual Discovery/data collection from endpoint-->hover it-->from menu select Data Collection and wait until that finish sucessfully. If it fails, check for errors under vCAC Administrator-->log viewer this will give you complete information about the issue.

Hope this is helpful to you..

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
klaus_progress
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I don't have Data Collection meniu .

What can be the cause ?

http://youtu.be/mflo-vdeUzA

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

is your endpoint is connected to vCenter? if it is connected, did you installed vCenter agent in the vcenter from vCAC? if that is not installed, as i mentioned inventory will not be visible to you in vCAC. Please follow documentation for vCAC carefully to get it working properly .

Please note this agent is installed on the vCAC server not vCenter Server.

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
klaus_progress
Contributor
Contributor

My vCenter server and vCAC server are the same one . Should be installed different servers ?

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

if this is on different server then should be good but still you can still give it a shot by installing agen on the vCenter server becuase agent is mendatory part for collecting data from vCenter Inventory.

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos