VMware Cloud Community
REED201110141
Contributor
Contributor

vCAC and smartcards

We hear that VMware is "working on" a smartcard solution for vCAC.  We need this in order to statisfy our customer's Identity Management requirements.  Even being able to passthrough auth from a Windows desktop with a smartcard authenticated user could work.  But without a smartcard authentication mechanism, vCAC is a NO-GO at this station.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VirtualITSM
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am the project manager at a VCAC 6 installation for a government agency in Sweden. One of the requirements is to integrate with Smart Card (based on Net Id from Secmaker). This is supposed to work and be supported according to VMware. Unfortunately we have run into some serious bugs that prevent it from actually working. Those are now being worked on by VMware engineering and hopefully we should have a fix soon. I will try to remember to post when I know more.

regards,

Anders

0 Kudos
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Anders,

We need to test something similar for a customer. Kindly let us know if VMware came back on this and if it's working now. Also could you share if you have any documentation regarding the same.

Email id - rajeshn123@yahoo.com

Regards,

Rajesh

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Pretty certain this is still not supported.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos