VMware Cloud Community
SteveR123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vCAC WFStubs

Hi, I have a Blueprint that calls the machine provisioned workflow stub and that works well.

My question is, is it possible to create another of these WFStubs or revision maybe that can be different and called by a separate workflow?

Otherwise I'm restricted to the single Workflow for all Blueprints?

Many thanks for any advice

Steve

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Craig_G2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hey,

I had this problem. We have Windows and Linux blueprints, and for obvious reasons you can't have them using the same workflows.

I ended up creating OS decision workflows in vCO for each life cycle stage.. They just look at a custom property in the blueprint which will contain either "windows" or "linux". Then based on the value it will launch another vCO workflow that will carry out tasks specific to the OS.

The only thing that is worth noting about these decision workflows is that I ended up launching my configuration workflows asynchronously workflows then checking the state via wfToken.state.

e.g

System.log ("Waiting for aSync workflow to complete");

while (wfToken.state != "completed"){

System.log(wfToken.state)

System.sleep(5000);

if (wfToken.state == "failed"){

throw "Failed"

}

else if (wfToken.state ==""cancelled"){

throw "Cancelled";

}

Works nicely for us and you have the option to expand as much as you want.

SteveR123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I had tried to integrate with vCO previously but didn't have a lot of success, I had more luck with the vCAC Adv Designer for some reason. I was hoping I could stick with this method and expand on it.

Thanks again for the info.

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

All blueprints can define independent workflow stubs to be used.. the key is that there can only be one workflow stub for each state assigned to a blueprint.

-Steve
SteveR123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the comment. I've started using the designer to add and "IF" function to the workflow which could help me use one WF with two Blueprints, based on the presence of a particular property.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos