VMware Cloud Community
ncurry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCAC Guest Agent stuck on CustomizeOS

I am having trouble executing scripts with the vCAC 5.2 windows guest agent. We are provisioning by cloning and I am attempting to install the guest agent (gugent.zip) on the template. I have followed the guides

vCloud Automation Center – vCAC 5.2 – Installing the 5.2 Guest Agent on Windows ...

and the VMWare documentation

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vcac-52-operating-guide.pdf

but for some reason when I add a build profile that contains VirtualMachine.Admin.UseGuestAgent to my blueprints they hang at CustomizeOS.

I have tried pointing VRMGuest agent at both the vCAC server and the vCenter server with no luck. I also have tried automatically installing the guest agent after provisioning via customization spec run once commands to the same results.

The servers appear to be deployed just fine, but for some reason vCAC doesn't update after the final step. I checked the guest agent log file on the servers and they say something along the lines of:

Application.MachineQuery: [Information] uuid = ...

Application: [Debug] Uninitializing subsystem: Logging Subsystem

Does anybody know where the problem may lay?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ncurry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Discovered the problem. When I was installing the guest agent I had pointed it at the wrong port. We had installed vCAC on port 8080 instead of the default 443. So after running winservice -i -h [vcac ip address]:8080 -p ssl it ran just fine.

And not sure if it matters, but pointing at the ip address is what we went with instead of the FQDN as was stated in the install documentation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ncurry
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Discovered the problem. When I was installing the guest agent I had pointed it at the wrong port. We had installed vCAC on port 8080 instead of the default 443. So after running winservice -i -h [vcac ip address]:8080 -p ssl it ran just fine.

And not sure if it matters, but pointing at the ip address is what we went with instead of the FQDN as was stated in the install documentation.

0 Kudos