VMware Cloud Community
ggundal
Contributor
Contributor

vCAC 6.0 : vCAC appliance consuming huge host memory (5-6 GB)

I have been facing this issue even after installing again and again. I don't know whether this is performance bug or a requirement.

Issue : vCAC appliance consumes(Actual consumption of physical memory that has been allocated to the virtual machine) 5-7 GB of  host memory.Find the attached image for reference - Issue_Memory.JPG.

I have newly installed vCAC 6.0 SSO appliance and vCAC appliance,but to my surprise vCAC appliance reserves 6 GB of host memory as shown in the image for server 4. I try to reduce the host memory allocation for this server ,but it still uses  6.83 GB of host memory. I have never seen this on vCAC 5.2 installed servers. Is this memory reservation expected for vCAC 6.0 ? Is there a way to reduce this memory reservation?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WenshengLiu
Contributor
Contributor

I encountered the same issue while I restart the vcac-app, it seems there is a dozen of services waiting to start and consume huge amount of memory.

Just take a rest and have a tea....It will reduce after all services finished starting process.

0 Kudos
ggundal
Contributor
Contributor

I have created the appliance few days back and yesterday I created one and I observed same issue for both of them.

0 Kudos