VMware Cloud Community
schofies
Contributor
Contributor

infoblox 4.0 plugin and vRA 7.1

Anyone running this?  if so, is your vRA 7.1 a minimal install or HA (medium / large), using embedded vRO too.   If you have a medium / large, does the plugin work ok?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
zebduin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I set it up for a customer - build is HA (medium) with embedded vRO.  We had an issue with the plugin 4.0.0 - due to the number of IP Ranges (Get IP Ranges WF Failed).  Had to create another view in InfoBlox with a smaller subset of ranges.

Also - Infoblox has acknowledged an issue with plugin 4.0.0.  They are working on a GA release of 4.0.1 (I have the beta)  it corrected the vRO error that I was getting in vRO (Get IP Ranges) due to the size of the Infoblox env >1000 ranges...but vRA is unable to pull the ranges into the network profile - Infoblox stated it was a timeout value in vRA.

Creating an additional network view allows us to see the ranges.

0 Kudos
nubronco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was also having an issue with having too many 'IP Ranges'. I just downloaded and installed the 4.0.1 release that is GA. I initially was able to see the 'address space' and search using a extensible attribute including the value (i.e. property=value). Couple hours go by and I come back to it and the vRA UI throws an error 'Error retrieving details for address space blah. 400 (Bad Request).  Just starting to dig into it now. Did you happen to see this in your environment or has it not been an issue since you created a new network view with less ranges?

0 Kudos
nubronco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looks to be that the Infoblox endpoint credentials is the issue. The issue is with the token expiring.

0 Kudos