VMware Cloud Community
TrendETSVMAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

getApplicableNetworks retrieves more than Business Group networks

hello,I have VRA 7.3 environment

I've created a Custom Property Definition for VirtualMachine.Network0.Name. 

I find a problem when i finished , I was requested a vm and the vra has a error

Action 'getApplicableNetworks' in module 'com.vmware.vra.networks' failed : 400 Bad request (Dynamic Script Module name : getReservationsForUserAndComponent

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SimonLynch
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It not clear exactly what the issue you are having without the full details.

There are a few issues with getReservationsForUserAndComponent action though, it will return all reservations for a user, but won't filter on business group. There is also a limitation if a user belongs to a large number of busy group event the call getAllReservations will exceed a payload limit and fail.

One way to workaround this is to duplicate and modify getReservationsForUserAndComponent to get only the subtenant for the current request , one way of doing this is to apply the subtenantRef as a property to the business group then bind to the to a modified version of getApplicableNetworks that takes in a subtentRef. In the modified getReservationsForUserAndComponent you can lookup the subtenant then via the bound id.

subtenant = subTenantService.getSubtenant(tenant,subTenantId)

0 Kudos
TrendETSVMAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot!I will try it

0 Kudos
SkyCoop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How are you retrieving the SubTenantId when you say "you can lookup the subtenant then via the bound id" for the vRO action?
0 Kudos
SimonLynch
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Because at request time for iaas there is no subtenant context we bind the subtenantRef as an input. The input value is actually a hard set property on the business group. As we have a fully automated process for business group creation we write the id as a property on business group creation.

0 Kudos