VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

any avilable list if custom properties which can be used in vCAC

Hello,

I want to enhance my configuration and see "Add Properties" tab but not sure how to use and which properties to be used & what action they will perform.

I am looking for any document which can list those in details and help me in working day to day.

thanks

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Here's one example that can help you get an idea how it works.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

Hey Abhilash,

appreciate for the example... but this is focused on one custom porperties... but what i am looking for is a list of such properties. i believe these are some unique properties which are designed to be used custom.

br,

MG

Regards, MG
0 Kudos
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

See if this is of any help Smiley Happy

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In addition to the link provided, the Operator's Guide, starting on page 236 has similar information. When you request a machine, the New Properties option should only be available to administrators, the end users aren't available to change the custom properties. I usually use that when I'm testing things and don't want to make a new blue print, say like adding another nic, or playing with a script executed by the guest agent.

There are custom properties that perform an action, like the VirtualMachine.NetworkX.XXXXX family that dictate connections for a 2nd or 3rd (or Nth) network adapter, same for adding additional disks. Take a look at the operators guide to see what properties do what specific actions. Also know that many people use custom properties to keep track of something specific for the request (like a cost center), or to execute some post configuration that a script uses the custom properties to determine what configuration to apply.

0 Kudos