VMware Cloud Community
phillbl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VRA machine access - multiple users within the portal

Hi

if a user were to build 15 vms in the vra portal they would have console access etc etc.

if these machines need to be accessed the same way by multiple users, could this be done?  i know that they can access the servers using rdc client but is it possible for multiple users to have visibility of the machines in their own portal and see the machines so they have console access, reboot, snapshot etc etc?

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello phillbl,

The only way we have figured out how to do this, is to add the users to the Support Role under Business group > Members. if the user is in the support role they can see other users machines (and manage them provided the user is in the entitlement as well). Once they are in the support role, each user should be able to use the dropdown on the items page to change from "owned by: Me" to the appropriate business group.

Regards,

Darrenoid

View solution in original post

1 Reply
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello phillbl,

The only way we have figured out how to do this, is to add the users to the Support Role under Business group > Members. if the user is in the support role they can see other users machines (and manage them provided the user is in the entitlement as well). Once they are in the support role, each user should be able to use the dropdown on the items page to change from "owned by: Me" to the appropriate business group.

Regards,

Darrenoid