VMware Cloud Community
kwongheng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VRA blueprint cpu/mem/disk limit snapshot during VM creation

Hi all,

I understand that when you create a VM under a blueprint with a certain mem/cpu/disk limits, eg. mem=1.4 GB, cpu=1-8, disk max=1TB, VRA will create a snapshot of those limits when the VM is created. So even if you increase those limits in the SAME blueprint, they don't change. If you try to reconfigure the VM beyond those initial limits even though the VM blueprint have new limits, it will fail.

Question, how do you find out from REST API what are those snapshotted limits for each VM? Thanks in advance

Kelvin Wong

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you looked at the blueprint-related APIs first?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you looked at the blueprint-related APIs first?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
kwongheng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry if my question was not clear.

(1) When a VM is provisioned, according to VRA it will snapshot and "save" the limits of the VM from the blueprint.

(2) The only logical place to find out where these limits (cpu/mem/disk) are placed would be in VM properties since blueprint limits can change.

(3) However, there are NO rest api that I have tested, including /consumer/resources api that will tell me where the "saved" limits are located

(4) Rest API for blueprint is not helpful because once you change the limits of the blueprint, the old limits are not longer there so how do I know what were the limits 3 years ago for this blueprint?

(5) Question, how do I know what the snapshot limits of a VM provisioned 3 years ago using OLD blueprint limits?

I hope that I am clear about the question. There may be some limits to all my rest api knowledge, I would appreciate if someone can point me to specific items instead of just dismissing me with RTFM.

0 Kudos