VMware Cloud Community
improvingdaily
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VRA 7.3 Certificate Authentication Issue

I have a VRA 7.3 Appliance configured to use Certificate authentication.  When I try to login I get an error.  I have imported all the correct certs in the Authentication Adapter under the certificateAuthAdapter.  I noticed that when I try to login I don't get prompted for my smart card certificate.  It just instantly goes to a page that says error and that's it.  Any help or suggestions on what to try or where to look would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You'll need to look at the logs to see more details on that error, then go from there.

0 Kudos
improvingdaily
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I wanted to provide an update and pose a follow on question to the group.  It appears one of my issues with smartcard authentication is that I have to link the smart card to either the user principal name or the sam account name.  My new question is, is it possible in this or future versions to setup to configure one directory to use sam account name to authenticate and another of the same domain to authenticate with user principal name?  Thank you for any and all responses.

0 Kudos