VMware Cloud Community
NuzVRO
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VRA 7.2 custom hostname windows server

Hi,

I have installed the guest agents on both linux and windows machines and created templates. The Hostname setting works perfectly for the linux machine, in that it renames the vm in vcenter to the value specified in hostname and also in the provisioned machine it changes it there also, so when you type in hostname in linux it shows the value. But when I try to do the same thing for the windows blueprint, the only change that occurs is in the vcenter part in that the provisioned vm is called the value i specify but the actual windows computer name is not changed.

What am i missing?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you attach a custom spec to your component? In the computer name setting for the custom spec, did you set "Use the virtual machine name?"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
VirtualVen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi!

I am not a vrealize expert but I believe you need to configure "customer properties". I deployed rhel and win2k8 VMs with custom properties and it works fine.

The issue for are facing prompts me to remove the custom properties and test Smiley Happy

Ven

Thank you Ven
0 Kudos
NuzVRO
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Ven,

Are you talking about the custom properties on the blueprints designer in vRA? This is what I have below:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you attach a custom spec to your component? In the computer name setting for the custom spec, did you set "Use the virtual machine name?"

0 Kudos