VMware Cloud Community
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

VRA 6.2.2: Transferring Approval Policies, Blueprints etc between tenants

Recently I have created a few new tenant in my vRA environment. They will share about 90% of the blueprints and approvals.

Is there a way to clone\copy Approvals and Blueprints, and possibly other tenant-bound objects between the tenants? Possibly using the Orchestrator?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kdelgadovmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In 6.x, it's not possible to share content other than ASD (Service) blueprints OOB between tenants or systems.  That's part of the reason we recommend not using multiple tenants unless it's absolutely necessary.

@KCDAutomate

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Blueprints via Export Content in the Admin Tab (but you have to add a few folders in the export zip in order for the import to work).

I am working on a set of Approval workflows, but they are single tenant.  If I see anything of value that would allow a configuration export, I will let you know.

0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That would cover service blueprints, not machine blueprints. Service blueprints are shared anyway between tenants AFAIK.

edit: I was wrong, service blueprint have to be manually shared too.

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hmmm... I am not in a place where I can check, but I had a thought and figured I would share....

Have you looked to see if Cloud Client can do it?

0 Kudos
kdelgadovmw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

In 6.x, it's not possible to share content other than ASD (Service) blueprints OOB between tenants or systems.  That's part of the reason we recommend not using multiple tenants unless it's absolutely necessary.

@KCDAutomate
0 Kudos
Czernobog
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks for the information.

I'm not happy with this solution, but it is necessary. It does not derive from the architecture of the vSphere environment, but from network requirements. Users from different domain and networks cannot share the same tenant space. So I guess I will have to live with that and try to make my life easier with the Orchestrator somehow.

0 Kudos