VMware Cloud Community
VirExprt
Expert
Expert

VCAC 61: Login Fail with error "Login failed. Please contact your System Administrator and report error code mv2km0hv."

Hello,

I had installed vCAC 6.1 fresh with IAAS & MSSQL on single server and two VMs with Identity Appliance.

I am getting error "Login failed. Please contact your System Administrator and report error code mv2km0hv." while i am trying to logon to the VCAC portal using AD credentials however login to Default Tenant using administrator@vsphere.local works fine.

I am observing different strange behaviors before getting this error.

1- Browser Crashes several time and i had to wait for it recover on it`s own.

2- takes hell lot of time before even starting logon process.

I check Vmware-identity-sts.log file which does not give me any error which tell me what's going on. the Log entry which get last is "Authentication Succeeded for user [username@domain.local] in tenant [demo] in [127] milliseconds.

i am not sure where are these error codes are documented for administrators as well to check and perform remediation actions.

I need your help in fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Br,

MG

Regards, MG
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
stacycarter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I can confirm replacing the .jar file resolved my issue (it's still not lightning fast, but better than it was right after the upgrade). 

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I also face this issue and realized SSO server time & vCAC time should be same , even seconds as well.

what a world ji Smiley Happy

Thanks & Regards in Plenteous . Hari Rajan
0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Even I got this issue today , SSO time and VCAC time should be exactly same , even seconds:)

0 Kudos
HariRajan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

1 minute time difference was there in vCAC where the date and hwclock time is different with Windows vCenter SSO time. My Windows SSO 5.5 time was correct. I have go through below link and adjusted time in vCAC both system time and hwclock time.

Set current system time on vCAC appliance - VMwaremine - Mine of knowledge about virtualization

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
TonyKhan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was able to fix my issue by resetting the SSO connection on the vRA VAMI under vRA Settings --> SSO.  Re-enter the SSO Admin user: Administrator@vsphere.local and SSO Admin Password: XXXXXXX.
Now, go back to the Services tab and click Refresh.  In my case, iaas-service got unregistered, after re-setting the SSO connection, everything worked. 

Cheers,

Tony

0 Kudos
pavitb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ran into the same issue today which turned out to be related to time sync between vRA appliance and the Identity appliance. The NTP server was not reachable from the vRA appliance, so I changed it to use Host's time and was able to login after clearing Chrome's cache.

0 Kudos