VMware Cloud Community
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Using vRealize Production Test Tool 1.5 Against vRA 7.0.1 - Unable to Gather Service Registration Statuses

Hi all,

I am currently using vRealize Production Test Tool v1.5 to validate a vRA 7.0.1 install. After filling out the form similar to KB2134520‌ and running the test tool, the returned report lists out a large number of critical failures such as:

• Check the STS Service Status - This test checks the configured vRA environment to see if sts-service is registered.
  • Check the Work Item Service Status - This test checks the configured vRA environment to see if workitem-service is registered.
  • Check the Approval Service Status - This test checks the configured vRA environment to see if approval-service is registered.

Each of these failures root cause is: No vRA nodes were found. Please check your configuration information. expected [false] but found [true].

The remediation suggests to restart the vRA instance to fix this issue which we did. I also logged onto the vRA appliance manager and validated that all of the items listed on the Service tab are marked as REGISTERED. I validated that the vRA UI credentials used had proper fabric, tenant, and infrastructure permissions and I used the proper root credentials for the vRA VA fields.

I've looked all over online and on these forums to try and figure out how exactly this test is being performed and why it is giving what looks like a false negative. Are there any known issues running this tool against our versioned vRA? In the documentation for the tool it lists 7.x iterations. Any insight on this would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

This could be due to permissions.

Under the SSO section you should just have "administrator" (don't put @vsphere.local).

Also change the port to 443.

It's possible that if these are wrong you will see something strange.

Grant http://grantorchard.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

This could be due to permissions.

Under the SSO section you should just have "administrator" (don't put @vsphere.local).

Also change the port to 443.

It's possible that if these are wrong you will see something strange.

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
rmav01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Grant,

That was the issue. Looks like the documentation might need to be updated here:

Using the VMware vRealize Production Test Tool to validate and test your vRealize Automation configu...

7. vRA VA Password: root_password

8. vRA SSO Username:  administrator@vsphere.local

9. vRA SSO Password:  administrator@vsphere.local password

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos