VMware Cloud Community
hgov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update a catalog environment

Hi,

I am testing vRA 7.2 as a replacement for vCloud Director for our lab test environment.

Once an environment has been published, deployed and changes have been made to the individual virtual machines in the deployed environment (i.e. - Oracle DB and client upgrades on servers within the deployed environment) is it possible to capture the updated environment to update, replace or add to the the original catalog contents.

If this is possible, where within vRealize would this type of activity be performed.

Thanks in Advance,

Henry

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not entirely sure I follow, but it's sounding like the answer is "no" if you mean you somehow want to update an existing catalog item with changes made to a deployment upon which it's based.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Not entirely sure I follow, but it's sounding like the answer is "no" if you mean you somehow want to update an existing catalog item with changes made to a deployment upon which it's based.

0 Kudos
hgov
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes that was what I meant to convey in my question. Basically what I had asked would be functionality similar to saving to the catalog in vCloud Director.

So I suppose there is no easy way to do that type of update to a published catalog item.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Have a great day.

Henry

0 Kudos