VMware Cloud Community
harkamal
Expert
Expert

Unable to run vbscripts during pre/post/un stages

I have used the vbscript pre/post/un properties and pointed to valid script path. However during provisioning none of the scripts are launched and it remains hung, finally destroys itself after timeout. EPI agent is running and so are other services.

interestingly, same configuration setup works on another test environment. not sure what am i missing. service account is local admin.

how to enable verbose logging to check where is the hung state and how to troubleshoot more ?

thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there anything in the agent folder logs that suggest any issues? Remote-ExecutionPolicy changed from Restricted to RemoteSigned or Unrestricted on the server running the VBScript agent?

0 Kudos
harkamal
Expert
Expert

Powershell policy is good, vbscript is basic - just a hello world.

no clue what's wrong, workflow is just stuck at post provision job, and no powershell process is ever called.

nothing in logs. EPI agent log just shows ping, no script activity.

0 Kudos
ShibbyB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Something I've done to troubleshoot DEMs is to run in console mode, appears to also work for the Proxy Agents as well. Stop your VBScript agent service, then open a command prompt (elevated if UAC is turned on), run c:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Agents\VBAGENT_Name\VRMAgent.exe -console. You should see the real-time execution of anything that makes it to the agent. If you aren't seeing anything in the logs, the call to the script might not be making it that far.

0 Kudos
Harkamals
Contributor
Contributor

Yes exactly, the script call in not coming in.

0 Kudos