VMware Cloud Community
him_ng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unable to integrate with vCloud Director - Compute resources data collection failed

Hi,

We are trying to integrate vCloud Director with vCAC but failed.

In short.

vCD

- Organizational VDCs - Reservation Pool

When performing data collection in Compute Resources, it failed with error.

"Workflow "vCloudInventory" failed with the following exception:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Stack Trace

"at  DynamicOps.VCloudModel.Interface.VCloudManagementServices.GetOrgVdcNetworks(String  vdcId)    at  DynamicOps.VCloudModel.Activities.VCloudGetOrgVdcNetworks.Execute(CodeActivityContext  context)    at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance  instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)    at  System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor  executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)"

Please help.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do your OrgVDC have an errant or no network?  There is a known issue that there must be at least one valid network on the OrgVDC you are trying to manage.  This could break data collection for other organizations so if there is a "test" organization, it would be best to go to the compute resources page under enterprise administrator and remove any such resources from management.

This issue has been logged and is to be fixed in the next release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do your OrgVDC have an errant or no network?  There is a known issue that there must be at least one valid network on the OrgVDC you are trying to manage.  This could break data collection for other organizations so if there is a "test" organization, it would be best to go to the compute resources page under enterprise administrator and remove any such resources from management.

This issue has been logged and is to be fixed in the next release.

0 Kudos
him_ng
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

solved with thanks.

same as your finding.

0 Kudos
Jer2224
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi there.

I'm also struggling with data collection between vCAC and vCloud Director infrastructure tenants. I have managed to successfully connect vCAC to vCenter for provisioning to a vSphere endpoint, but each time I try to connect to a vCloud Organisation I get the error about checking the endpoint address and/or credentials.

I'm interested in this idea that errant networks might/will cause an issue with endpoint data collection. As it happens, I do have a 'Test' Org in vCD, but all the Organisations in this vCD instance have networks with connected VMs (including the 'Test' Org).

Are there any other issues not widely reported that prevent data collection, or somewhere I might find more information about which networks in vCD might be affecting the data collection? Looking in the logs, this isn't that informative to be honest.....

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers.

Jeremy.

0 Kudos
xiong023
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did anyone ever find a solution to this?  I'm having the same problem.  From the DEM Worker logs:

Workflow "vCloudEndpointDataCollection" failed with the following exception:

System.ArgumentException: Cannot connect to vCloud serverUrl:https://10.100.128.21, userName:govorgvcac, org:GOVorgvDC. Please verify endpoint and credentials. ---> com.vmware.vcloud.sdk.utility.VCloudRuntimeException: The given header was not found. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The given header was not found.

at System.Net.Http.Headers.HttpHeaders.GetValues(String name)

at com.vmware.vcloud.sdk.utility.RestUtil.Login(vCloudClient client, String url, HttpRequestHeaders authHeader)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at com.vmware.vcloud.sdk.vCloudClient.Login(String userName, String password)

at DynamicOps.VCloudModel.Interface.VCloudManagementServices.LogOn(String serverUrl, String userName, String password, String org)

at DynamicOps.VCloudModel.Interface.VCloudManagementServices.LogOn(String serverUrl, String userName, String password, String org)

at DynamicOps.VCloudModel.Activities.VCloudLogOn.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)

at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

INNER EXCEPTION: com.vmware.vcloud.sdk.utility.VCloudRuntimeException: The given header was not found. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: The given header was not found.

at System.Net.Http.Headers.HttpHeaders.GetValues(String name)

at com.vmware.vcloud.sdk.utility.RestUtil.Login(vCloudClient client, String url, HttpRequestHeaders authHeader)

at com.vmware.vcloud.sdk.vCloudClient.Login(String userName, String password)

0 Kudos
Lensar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Me too. Finally I set the "organization" as blank at the vCloud Director endpoint configure page. It worked fine.

0 Kudos
yonish
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked for me.. thanks

0 Kudos