VMware Cloud Community
ehlomarcus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ubuntu template with guest agent and multiple disks

Hi

I've recently started using Guest Agent in our deployments and overall it is working very well and as intended.

Now we lik to use it to manage disks that we add on-demand (added to request at request time) or as a part of a ready blueprint.

It is on Ubuntu 16.04 and guest agent for vRA 7.3.

Disk 0 is part of the template we clone

Disks 1+ are all configured with Mount points and Lables

Now to the issue:

We only get Disk1 created, formated and mounted. Once the script (built in to guest agent) get to Disk2 it thinks it is already mounted. But we can clearly see that the disk and mountpoint is not ready.

Anyone had similar issues and know how to debug the 30_Disk***.sh script that the guest agent executes?

//Marcus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rudloffm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That's correct - it isn't officially supported and whilst unsupported / not working is not necessarily the same thing - I found it actually does not work ..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Technically vRA 7.3 does not support guest agent customizations with Ubuntu 16.04.

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/vrealize-automation-6x7x-support-matrix.pdf

0 Kudos
rudloffm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That's correct - it isn't officially supported and whilst unsupported / not working is not necessarily the same thing - I found it actually does not work ..

0 Kudos
ehlomarcus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I got the same answer from VMware support, but also got the information that they are working on support and it might be released in the future.

0 Kudos