VMware Cloud Community
jhardman_the41
Contributor
Contributor

Templates in Content Library only seen if on a host in a tenants reservation

Maybe I'm missing something here, understanding, configuration, something.

I have several clusters, I have a content library setup and have placed a couple of templates in it.

I have multiple tenants in vRA 6.22 that are restricted to certain clusters.

The problem I'm running into is that I want to be able to use templates from the content library regardless of what host they are registered to when they went into the library.

Example...

Cluster_A with host_A with a template_A registered on the host and exported to the content library.

Cluster_B with host_B with a template_B registered on the host and exported to the content library.

Tenant_A has a reservation and reservation policy limiting it to only use Cluster_A.

Tenant_B has a reservation and reservation policy limiting it to only use Cluster_B.

Tenant_A can not see template_B to create a blueprint. Tenant_B can not see template_A to create a blueprint.

I thought that the whole idea of the content library was to help eliminate silliness like this, making it easy to keep a central repository of templates for use across vCenters and for automation. But it seems that unless I have something misconfigured here I'm going to need duplicate templates registered to hosts in each tenants clusters which seems like a royal pain to manage.

0 Kudos
0 Replies