VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

System Administrator Role in vCAC

How to assign system administrator role to any other user because default user is administrator@vsphere.local. suppose i want to assign this role to few more users.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
4 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I don't think you can assign the exact same role as administrator@vsphere.local (I don't know that there is a specific role), but you can assign users, groups, or custom groups as either infrastructure or tenant administrators. Should be effectively the same thing (actually more so, since administrator@vsphere.local can't do IaaS things by default). I don't have access to an instance right now to check, but it should be very straight forward to do.

-Steve
0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

yes, that's right. Even i know this but suppose i am service provide i don't want to use this account i want to use my username for that i was asking about the possibilities.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What are you trying to achieve that the tenant administrator role isn't giving you? Have you reviewed the documentation to see what's possible?

-Steve
0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Short answer, no. Long answer, noooooo.

At present you cannot assign this role to another user. The only capability that you get with this role is the ability to create a new tenant and assign the infrastructure admin and tenant admin role.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos