VMware Cloud Community
reshp1986
Contributor
Contributor

Settings like virtualMachineAddOrUpdateProperties in vRO8

Hello Community,

Greetings

I am using vRO workflow to update properties of VM using payload. Code shared below.

virtualMachineAddOrUpdateProperties = new Properties ();
virtualMachineAddOrUpdateProperties.put('Name', hostname);
virtualMachineAddOrUpdateProperties.put('VirtualMachine.Network0.MacAddressType', 'static');
virtualMachineAddOrUpdateProperties.put('VirtualMachine.Network0.MacAddress', mac);
virtualMachineAddOrUpdateProperties.put('VirtualMachine.Network0.Name', "VLAN"+vlan);

I could achieve setting hostname with help of resourceNames. How do I change vlan,MAC in vRA8.6.2/vRO8

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ronaldod
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I assign vlan with tag restrictions that i added to the network. (yaml)

The others i do with vRO workflows and edit the customproperties or where ever that variable is hiding.

0 Kudos
reshp1986
Contributor
Contributor

Okay. 

I set customProperties(properties) as output and tried as below in vRO. But doesnt work.

customProperties = new Properties ();
customProperties.put('resourceNames', hostnameNew);
customProperties.put('VirtualMachine.Network0.MacAddressType', 'static'); # I doubt property VirtualMachine.Network0.MacAddressType
customProperties.put('VirtualMachine.Network0.MacAddress', mac);
customProperties.put('VirtualMachine.Network0.Name', vlan);

0 Kudos
andrewrNZ
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just saw this whilst looking for an answer to something else. I see you posted about a year ago, so hopefully you already found your answer. If not, then you need to ensure you have a workflow input named "inputProperties" of type "Properties"

0 Kudos