VMware Cloud Community
Onroot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Server Error in '/vCACReports' Application.

Hello,

I have a problem with opening vCAC Reports Web Site.

I installed all components of vCAC on single server without any errors, vCAC is working fine with vSphere connected as endpoint, provisioning tasks are also working fine.

But when i try to open Reports Web Site from activity pane, i receive error:

Server Error in '/vCACReports' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]

System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) +542

DynamicOps.Web.Reports.ReportEngine.ReportBuilder.parseFont(String fontStr) +153

DynamicOps.Web.Reports.ReportEngine.ReportBuilder.getReportStyle(StyleDef style) +626

DynamicOps.Web.Reports.ReportEngine.ReportBuilder.InitializeComponent() +519

DynamicOps.Web.Reports.GetReport.CreateReport(String templateName) +306

DynamicOps.Web.Reports.GetReport.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

How can i resolve this issue?

Best regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Onroot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem resolved,

Windows system locale was set to non-English, after setting to English vCACReports Website is working fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Exactly the same problem and same infrastructure (all components, vCenter and vCAC on the same server).

One thing, I modify default https port because WS of vcenter already use it...

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
Onroot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

In my case, vCenter Server Appliance installed, on Windows system only vCAC and all of components on same server.

Installation was made with default values (ports, dirs, etc.).

0 Kudos
Onroot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Problem resolved,

Windows system locale was set to non-English, after setting to English vCACReports Website is working fine.

0 Kudos
trailx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, works for me too.

You can change the status of your topic: Problem solved Smiley Happy

--- If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
0 Kudos
christianpg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Installed vCAC 5.2 on English OS with system locale set to Norwegian (nb-NO)

Altering system locale didn't work for me, but I noticed that .Net Globalization config differs between the IIS applications.

The following .Net Globalization reconfiguration of vCACReports did the trick (same settings as vCACSelfService):

• Culture: Changed from "Invariant Language" to "en-US"
  • UI Culture:Changed from "Invariant Language" to "en-US"
  • File: Changed from "Windows-1252" to "utf-8"

The vCAC 5.2 release notes mentions improved internationalization and the IIS applications vCAC and Repository seems to be working just fine with the "Invariant language" settings. Any explanation to how it's working and why the above config solves my problems, is highly appreciated...

0 Kudos