VMware Cloud Community
anba89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

REST call to Satellite not working - SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain

Hi

I have a problem with a REST-Call from vRealize Automation 7.4. With vRA 7.3 it was working without any problem.

I try to run an orchestator workflow with the following code:

//Prepare REST-Call

var restURL=payload.get("restURL");

var restType=payload.get("restType");

var restContent = payload.get("restContent");

//Execute REST-Call var request  = RESTHost.createRequest(restType, restURL, restContent);

request.contentType = payload.get("restContentType");

var response = request.execute();

restStatus=parseInt(response.statusCode);

System.log("Status code: " + restStatus);

But I get the error "unable to authenticate user".

I tried it with postman from the Iaas Host without any problem.

When I run the API Call with curl on the vRA Appliance I get this error:

curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.

If I run the command on the Appliance with --insecure then it works.

Any idea how I can get this call running with the vRO workflow? Is there an option to disable certificate validaion for only one host?

Thanks.

Andi

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anba89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is working now, what I did:

Delete certificates: Run workflow Library - Configuration - SSL Trust Manager - Delete a trusted certificate

Reimport certificates: Run workflow Library - Configuration - SSL Trust Maager - Impor a certificate from URL

Andi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
batuhandemirdal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you are using a certificate, could it be expired? Did you check?

Or the certificate may also be corrupted.

0 Kudos
anba89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is a self signed cert and valid.

0 Kudos
rkrichevskiy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Have you tried importing cert first into vRO truststore (Import a certificate from URL workflow)?

It's odd that your code throws auth error. If it was cert related, I'd expect a cert specific exception returned.

If you don't get much traction here, perhaps try posting to vRO forum vRealize Orchestrator .

0 Kudos
anba89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

It is working now, what I did:

Delete certificates: Run workflow Library - Configuration - SSL Trust Manager - Delete a trusted certificate

Reimport certificates: Run workflow Library - Configuration - SSL Trust Maager - Impor a certificate from URL

Andi

0 Kudos